Thursday, April 12, 2018

Murder on the Orient Express

Just after midnight, a snowstorm stops the Orient Express dead in its tracks in the middle of Yugoslavia. The luxurious train is surprisingly full for this time of year. But by morning there is one passenger less. A 'respectable American gentleman' lies dead in his compartment, stabbed a dozen times, his door locked from the inside... Hercule Poirot is also aboard, having arrived in the nick of time to claim a second-class compartment -- and the most astounding case of his illustrious career.

Author: Agatha Christie (Website, Facebook, Twitter)
Publisher: Harper
Buy online: Amazon
EBook borrowed from the national library
(Actual) Rating: 3 of 5 stars


My thoughts before diving into the story was how captivating the cinematography was actually done for the movie. It had me there and I knew I wanted this book. Took me a while to get back to my to-be read pile. I saw the trailer last year and it didn't surprise me at all because well, books turning into movies is normal now. Clearly, I will read the book first before the film.

Murder on the Orient Express truly is captivating because the different scenes in the book were just overwhelming to the point that it all has to be traced back or not all. It might sound confusing but all is good since the characters are just way too self-centered of some sort. It has that dramatic irony touch to them all and all of a sudden a murder out of nowhere and that gives something really off. I appreciate Hercule Poirot. This the first time I am reading about this very famous detective. He has great observation himself. But the thing is, the intriguing part for me would be that he just simply rely on his "hunches". Now, that is something that reminds me of Agent Mulder unlike Scully who denies about the so-called hunches until now. Surprisingly good! Everything went from being intense and then, towards the end I had a feeling of just getting on with it as if nothing happened for the rest of them. Guilty. The ending had me stared blankly at a wall and just how did it all happen and how twisted they can get.

Murder on the Orient Express gave me the chills and definitely the curiosity that I never had craved before. The process of investigating to have a hard proof of who killed Ratchett was just out of the blue. Question after question and it just popped up that it was better to have it resolved by getting them to admit the mistake they have anticipated all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment