Thursday, November 02, 2017

Lost Girls

Yesterday, Rachel went to sleep listening to Taylor Swift, curled up in her grammy’s quilt, worrying about geometry. Today, she woke up in a ditch, bloodied, bruised, and missing a year of her life.

She doesn’t recognize the person she’s become: she’s popular. She wears nothing but black.

Black to cover the blood.

And she can fight.

Tell no one.

She’s not the only girl to go missing within the last year…but she’s the only girl to come back. She desperately wants to unravel what happened to her, to try and recover the rest of the Lost Girls.

But the more she discovers, the more her memories return. And as much as her new life scares her, it calls to her. Seductively. The good girl gone bad, sex, drugs, and raves, and something darker…something she still craves—the rush of the fight, the thrill of the win—something she can’t resist, that might still get her killed…

The only rule is: There are no rules.

Author: Merrie Destefano (Website, Facebook, Twitter)
Publisher: Entangled TEEN
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Kindle Edition of the book purchased on Amazon
(Actual) Rating: 2 of 5 stars


If there's anything that I know about myself as a book blogger, it is that I always love supporting the books from Entangled TEEN. Especially the steal deals that they offer I grab from Amazon as lower as $0.99 to support new authors and I love how affordable books can be with sales! I came across Lost Girls while I was looking through Amazon to check out deals from Entangled TEEN. I could not hold myself back because the book is actually in a dystopian setting. I miss the setting that has a strong female protagonist and a little dark-ish past going on with the plot itself. I did not think twice.

At the beginning of Lost Girls I had high hopes and I expected it would be thrilling to the point that I would be sitting through this book at one go. Unfortunately I did not even had that privilege to do. The story started bold, daring and with a twist of mystery all together. Nobody knew - not even Rachel the protagonist - how she badly was kidnap or lost in the first place and brought back to the home she knew. Tragic but the case of Rachel was some kind of a lead to an even more serious and dark crime.

Halfway through the book, I did not manage to finish reading. It was too much work for me to comprehend and I was absolutely losing my concentration since my interest has long been drifted elsewhere. I suppose the story did not do much for me it was draggy and the connection of Rachel fighting ability that impressed her "peers" I am not even sure if she were actual friends with those clubbing people. I don't know sounded disorganized to me, is all.

To end off this review, Lost Girls sounds to me that it has a potential although I just truly lack of interest in finishing the proceeding chapters to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment