Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass #3)


Hell hath no fury like a fangirl scorned...

When Daisy Morris finds out she's spending the summer with her dad, bodyguard for Seconds to Juliet - the hottest boy band around - she knows it couldn't be more perfect. But not because she's a fan. Oh, no. Because ever since front man Trevin Jacobs completely humiliated her by standing her up for homecoming, Daisy is out for a little revenge. Yup, Trevin Jacobs is goin' down...

When one of his bandmates bets Trevin he can't make Daisy - the gorgeous but surprisingly ice-cold daughter of their bodyguard - fall in love with him, it's a bet he can't resist. Sure, Daisy won't give him the time of day for reasons he can't understand, and her dad's hell-bent against his little girl spending time with a superstar. But the terms are set, and Trevin is determined to make Daisy fall...hard.

But every front man should know never to trust a girl with a pretty face...

This Entangled Teen Crush book contains adult language, sexual situations, and seriously hot boys. It may cause swoony daydreams involving a certain super-cute front man.

Author: Rebekah L. Purdy (Website, Facebook, Twitter)
Publisher: Entangled Teen Crush
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Kindle Edition of the book purchased on Amazon
(Actual) Rating: 3 of 5 stars


Daisy and the Front Man brings surprises right from the beginning. I know when it comes to contemporary romance, it starts off things with a girl having butterflies in her stomach and head over heels for the guy. In this case with Daisy and Trevin, it is actually real fun and something new to read about because Daisy was definitely not that keen to know more about Trevin rather she wanted him to suffer more as she tag along with the boy band on tour.

At the start of the story, I am really excited to know more about Trevin, the Korean-American that he is with the boy band, Seconds to Juliet. I am drawn to the word 'Korean'. Forgive me if I am including myself in the Korean Wave fandom because I truly love every thing about Korea. For me, Daisy has such a strong personality. The emotions bottled up inside her versus everything that is happening around her. She balances her life well, I would say. She has that control for the things she wanted done. I appreciate that as she really did her best to make herself living in the moment although she still being held back due to losing her grandfather.

I wanted to forget about the drama going on with the manager though. It somehow taken up a lot of pages, in my opinion. It just really went draggy for that matter. I pretty much skipped those pages too. It made me feel as if I already knew what it was and I just wanted to move on to more Trevin and Daisy moments. Speaking of reality, we don't have much time for such drama. I believe the happy ending should always be the focus or towards that happy ending.

To end this review, I will be reading the rest of the books in the Backstage Pass series and hopefully I get an update for what is up with Daisy and her front man, Trevin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment