Wednesday, January 07, 2015

The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel

After a brutal nuclear war, the United States was left decimated. A small group of survivors eventually banded together, but only after more conflict over which family would govern the new nation. The Westfalls lost. Fifty years later, peace and control are maintained by marrying the daughters of the losing side to the sons of the winning group in a yearly ritual.

This year, it is my turn.

My name is Ivy Westfall, and my mission is simple: to kill the president’s son—my soon-to-be husband—and restore the Westfall family to power.

But Bishop Lattimer is either a very skilled actor or he’s not the cruel, heartless boy my family warned me to expect. He might even be the one person in this world who truly understands me. But there is no escape from my fate. I am the only one who can restore the Westfall legacy.

Because Bishop must die. And I must be the one to kill him…

Author: Amy Engel (Website, Twitter,)
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Book borrowed from the national library
(Actual) Rating: 5 of 5 stars

My first impression of The Book of Ivy, the first time I read its synopsis I just knew the book is one of the books I can never ever forget not reading. Now in 2015, it's the first book I finished reading. It has been a wild ride of emotions.

Whether you've had a boring day, exhausted of doing daily routines, this book will turn your mood to an exciting and lively one! You'll be intrigued by the plot and what will come next! Reading the book is like waking up on the right side of the bed and knowing that the book is there to make your day.

I cannot stop reading, analyzing Bishop Lattimer. As for Ivy, I found her spontaneous, really caring and has her life figured out even if she hasn't really thought about it yet. I believe she's a well-rounded character and hopefully in the next sequel, she'll bounce back and become true to herself and better than ever! I have her back. I cannot wait for what's in store for those everyone who are also eager to read the sequel!

Honestly, I'm just so grateful that this book exist and that there's another book boyfriend to be taken by the fangirls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment