Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Solitaire by Alice Oseman

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Solitaire by Alice Oseman
Release Date: July 31, 2014

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20618110-solitaire
In case you’re wondering, this is not a love story.

My name is Tori Spring. I like to sleep and I like to blog. Last year – before all that stuff with Charlie and before I had to face the harsh realities of A-Levels and university applications and the fact that one day I really will have to start talking to people – I had friends. Things were very different, I guess, but that’s all over now.

Now there’s Solitaire. And Michael Holden.

I don’t know what Solitaire are trying to do, and I don’t care about Michael Holden.

I really don’t.

This incredible debut novel by outstanding young author Alice Oseman is perfect for fans of John Green, Rainbow Rowell and all unflinchingly honest writers.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reasons for my pick this week:

I know I've been missing my WOW posts but I just want to make sure I really have been honest about my picks every week. Solitaire really did it for me this week. 

I honestly have to say I literally freaked out that it will be released soon...say tomorrow!!! I came to know about the book through Hypable. There was a review of it posted and I would normally have just scanned it, instead I DEVOURED it! Imagining myself reading it in my hands... Oh gosh.

SO pumped to read it! I truly hope everyone is excited as I am about this book! This is Alice Oseman's debut novel and so I'm curious too.

What are you waiting on?


9 comments:

  1. This book sounds really good, thanks for sharing! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen Solitaire before but it looks really good. great pick!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you're interested about it too! :)

      Delete
  3. I only found out about it last week and it's out tomorrow, yay! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting blurb. I'm curious now. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound really good, its got an interesting premise, and it made me curious to know more about this girl's past. I hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one before. It sounds interesting though! Good choice!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lovee stories where they tell the story while we know how it ends so im definitely looking forward to what happens!

    Nemo @ Blame it on the book

    ReplyDelete

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment