Saturday, September 07, 2013

The Iron Fey #1.5: Winter's Passage

Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl...until she discovered that she is really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck - Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon - who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey.

Yet Meghan and Ash's detour does not go unnoticed. They have caught the attention of an ancient, powerful hunter--a foe that even Ash may not be able to defeat....

Author: Julie Kagawa (Website, Facebook, Twitter)
Publisher: Harlequin/Mira Ink
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound

**Ebook borrowed from the national library**
(Actual) Rating: 4 of 5 stars

A novella I sure recommend for those who have finished reading Iron King! Pick this one up right after and then it should fall into place before the second book in the series which is Iron Daughter.

It creates a sense of wholeness to the story before Ash and Meghan made it to Tir Na Nog. They have come a long way before reaching the Winter Fey territory. Ash was true to his part of the deal of helping Meghan find and rescue her brother, Ethan, who was taken by King Machina of the Iron Court. With that deal fulfilled by the Winter prince, it is now time for Meghan to do her part of the deal - go with him to Tir Na Nog.

Keeping things short and sweet review. I enjoyed the book very much! It was a great unexpected read! I truly find it very well-written with good pacing! I couldn't believe I would like the book so much! The adventure and its heart-pounding action is remarkable! I would have felt extraordinary right at the moment if I could fight off Hunter. Anyway, perhaps it could have been a little bit longer. That's just my opinion.

Meghan. One thing I could comment on her is that she looks at things differently not like before. Her thoughts are sensible. Spontaneous. She's getting the hang of the fact that she belongs in the world she never known where faeries existed. I hope to see more improvement in Iron Daughter! I need Puck to come back too! I like it when Meghan never forgets to show her gratitude to her best friend, Puck. I thought I'd get a glimpse of more Puck scenes here. Oh well. Not yet. Maybe in Iron Daughter (?) In that case, I cannot wait!

Finally, the novella has wrapped up nicely with Meghan meeting Queen Mab of Unseelie court, who also is Ash's mother. I adore the whole setting of the plot. Especially, the description given for the setting of Tir Na Nog. Let's ignore how deadly the icy cold Winter Court is. I could imagine how magical, enchanted Winter Court would be like.

I gotta admit I gasped enough times to truly get the whole pictures and slowly transformed the descriptions to perfection, breathtakingly setting! Absolutely an amazing novella that you should read!! Unlike anything you can imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment