Monday, June 10, 2013

The Iron Fey #1: The Iron King

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny-one she couldnever have imagined…

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

Author: Julie Kagawa (Website, Twitter, Facebook)
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound
Book borrowed from the national library
(Actual) Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

I haven't had the time to stop and ponder on what the title has got to do with the plot before starting reading it. I just dove right in. To be honest, I found the synopsis intriguing that's what made me want to read this book in the first place and of course, I didn't think I had read any books on faeries yet. Not that I know of.

I have to admit that the story was little draggy and that I didn't like it the way I wanted it to. I was surprised with how the story reminded me so much of Narnia. The story though has got potential that I would want to see how the sequel goes despite my opinions on this book. It was a bit hazy for me too. I can't really understand how Meghan's power works. I liked that she really took the effort to come out of her comfort zone and had the courage to stand up for herself and her brother - that's what I like about her though she freaks out pretty often haha! She had the chance to find out about her her true biological father and also her weaknesses and strength she hadn't had known within her before.

It won't be complete without saying my favorite character, would it? My favorite character would be Puck. He's humorous. He makes the seriousness and tensions almost gone. He's always adventurous, devoted to what he does to keep Meghan safe. I would like to know more about Puck and I'm very much looking forward!

It's a fantasy world that I hadn't fully captured in my head yet. Nevertheless, it's captivating with what's happening to the world of faeries. I especially enjoyed finding out about their Courts and different faeries and monsters. That's what amazed me when I read this book -it took me away to the enchanted place unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment