Sunday, June 30, 2013

Prodigy

June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—-June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengence, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?

Author: Marie Lu (Website, Twitter, Facebook)
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound
Book borrowed from the national library
(Actual) Rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't describe how incredibly good this book is! I can't think of a better way of saying my emotions and love towards it. Speechless.

The action that has put me on edge of my seat. I could see the scenarios come alive out of the book that I thought I was in a whole new different world. Incredible feeling ever! I was very much absorbed all the way till the end! It has got its steady pace and certainly not the kind of draggy, mind-numbing sequel - I like it so much! Always leading to nonstop actions that makes me want to move around and go for a run outside though I don't like running really. Still, I'm inspired by Day to go for a good run anytime now.

Book (Prodigy) : "Now, the question— Team Day or Team Anden." bah come on I'm not answering that question. Team I'm on my own.

...experiencing book hangover...

Oh man I was spacing out, right after reading Prodigy, worried thinking what will happen to June and Day... My heart breaks into a million pieces. Surprisingly I didn't cry. No crying. No. Thank you. I'm unable to stop my emotions - GAH the last page/chapter!! I want to cry a river but I can't seem to. DAY. How am I suppose to live my life now tell me someone please tell meeeee. Thinking of Day makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry.

"The chasm between us widens. I wonder if I'll ever be able to reach the other side again."

Very much looking forward to read Champion - last installment in the Legend trilogy! You have to indulge this book right after reading Legend! A must read sequel, like, immediately!! Pick it up without hesitation! It kept me all night and day just so I could control myself from going literally insane what's going to happen, what's next. Sure, you couldn't put the book down and before you know it, you just HAVE to continue turning the page!! SO good!!

It's got its awesome, witty characters and twists that I almost have to gasp and catch my breath for what to expect!

And of course, I'm still so loving the fact that June and Day keep each safe. Always there for each other either in the good or bad times. I also can see family - a heart that shelters love for, always for their family. They spare a thought for their loved ones who had left them both early.

Such strong characters especially June and Day - I look up to them. I am well impressed with June's intelligence how she faces the challenges, decides what to do - the leadership quality that she has that took her to have advantages according to the situation at hand. She applied what she knows really well. I love also that she's vigilant, alert at all times, taking note of small things. As for Day, even when he's not rich and educated, he could sense the same things they were dealing with. Slight difference between him and June but aside everything else, they connect, fits together perfectly!

"Are you really going to be so loyal to someone you don't even have?"

No doubt - it's a great read indeed! Never in my mind did I regret my time reading such a great sequel! The first book...WOW! And come after is THIS. Double WOW and superb!! Read Legend and Prodigy! That's all. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment