Sunday, February 03, 2013

The Mortal Instruments #5: City of Lost Souls

 

What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.

First of all, I was really glad that I got to read this edition that has a bonus story of how Jonathan Morgenstern transformed and happily took the name of Sebastian Verlac. I find that it was descriptions were awfully nasty of how Jonathan did his way to what he wanted. But despite my disgusted face while reading it, I find that the author truly writes beautifully and brilliantly that the characters and events that happened right in front of my eyes. They all come out of the book! It’s fascinating!

What surprised me the most was, I needed a whole week and another day just to finish the ever many pages that sums up every-thing Jace’s lost soul. I guess I was just really exhausted every single day because of school and I was being a lazy bum. Nevertheless, I really feel like I had accomplished so much just finishing the book. SO many good vocabulary used too, by the author! She’s so awesome!!

Oh yes. I would like to share songs from a band named Fuel. These songs were supposed to be included in the review that I did for City of Fallen Angels or was it for City of City of Glass? That’s a rhetorical question. Anyway, as I was saying…. let’s just get to the point. The songs are from their album “Angels & Devils” which, just from the title is already pretty relevant. Go check out the songs: “Falls on Me” and don’t miss out listening to “Scars in the Making” too!! Just to be sure – don’t hesitate to listen to the whole album itself! In my opinion – those two songs are my most favorite and that connects/sounds relevant to the Mortal Instruments series! I’m going to included some quotes that makes the book so memorable – SO AWESOME!

As we all know we’re coming to the end of TMI series but I don’t care – I never regret reading this series!! The best books ever!!!

“He padded off to the kitchen, the antennae on his slippers waving gently like a seaweed in a current.” Sounds cute to have that slippers haha! Where did you purchase your green slippers since it’s described as seaweed huh Magnus B must be vintage hahah!!! *shuts up before Alec notices I’m flirting with his boyfriend* ;)

I hardly believe myself for laughing at Jace but “not Jace” remarks. He sounded really weird but funny and I thought the book was not serious at all about any of every situation. That part of the book I have to question. I admit though, I laughed which is a really good thing. However, I don’t understand why I did even. Haha I’m rambling. Just read the book.

Clary: “Ducks?” Jace: “I hate ducks. Don’t know why. I just always have.” Jace, i can tell you why LOL

My theory for the next book – Jace will have the weapon that will kill Sebastian. I can imagine Jace killing Sebastian just because of his charming face and every of his flawless handsome face and sure he will agree with me. I hope to get a good kiss on the cheek for the compliment, haha!! And only Jace can get access to Sebastian and completely destroy him and end everything with no remaining of him. Fully get to him. Jonathan. Brain, you’ve got to stop confusing me.

Clary is still annoying as ever. I get so irritated when it’s her thoughts that I’m reading. I don’t like her. I like Isabelle better! Clary's more than a fictional character though. Realistic even. She has that recklessness that people can relate to and probably that’s my positive comment I’ll give her credit for.

“It was stupid to hope, she knew. But sometimes hope was all you had.” –Clary Fray

My heart’s breaking in pieces for Alec and Magnus. They have got to have some other way to fix things between them! Please! Hoping something better comes between the two! Chairman Meow ;)

And let’s not forget to chase the problem Maureen is causing to the Shadowhunter/Downworlder world, all right. Because she’s a minor problem that’s adding to the major problem. The Clave has got to prevent her from what she’s doing so wrong! Who knows Sebastian might get her to join his side of Roman, evildoers – the Team Bad? I am so making wild guesses now, all right. I don’t want things to be worse for Jace and then Simon would blame himself because he is responsible for Maureen’s doing at the moment. Aaaaah just no! Readers will also have to stay tuned for this too!

“I’ll take Shadowhunter, then. Because from what I’ve experienced of vampires, you mostly suck. No pun intended.” Hahahah!! Look at Simon entertaining the current leader of vampire clan, Raphael. HAHAHA I laughed my head off!! Too bad Raphael isn’t the type of guy who like being entertained HAHAHAHA

I forgot to talk about a couple of things.

I’m very much pleased with Alec and Magnus witchlight scene. I can imagine the witchlight full of colors – rose, blue and green. I call it the witchlight one last moment. Warlocks are so so cool!!

Alec is one of the most honest and bravest. Let me tell you. I have my reason. First, he doesn’t want any more barriers that will prevent him to let the whole world know who he truly is. He wants to be himself around others. And with that attitude that Alec projects out to people, Aline stepped out and was inspired for standing up for what she believes too. Now that’s just something we all should learn. Be yourself even when others think differently. Stand up to what you think is right. Be happy.

Another one would be when Jocelyn and Isabelle met the Iron Sisters. I really thought throughout the series we will not get into any of the sisters’ fortress because it’s confidential for boys. Well, I’m a girl. And some readers are boys so…. What am I saying.

Next one – Brother Zachariah. Oh I’m interested of his previous life so much. He’s so full of showing emotions that the other Silent Brothers. Oh brotherhood. I’m in for those theories other readers are asking/telling Cassie – this might be our Jem Carstairs. The mystery is literally killing me. And Brother Zachariah might have given us 2 clues when he said he loved two people. Oh brotherhood! I can’t stop saying “oh brotherhood!” hahah!!

Last but not the least, my lovely, fair skin no pores but all flawless with his nerdy spectacles and huge fan of comics plus Star Wars – Simon Lewis. He is love. He’s so genuine and caring you just have to love him. And Isabelle changed because of him. Aww.

Jordan and Maia. Ah. Werewolves are in love too. Now I’m in for anything “in love”. Haha!

So many lovebirds I’m drowning with no one to save me. Valentines’ Day is coming, YO!  I don’t want to complain. I’m just going to squeeze myself in all of the love teams in this warm group – The Team Good!

Overall – 4 stars!! So in love with it. Always.

The question is HOW MANY MORE TORTURING MONTHS TO “CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE”???? GIVE IT. I NEED CoHF TO SURVIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment