Friday, November 02, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars

Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 13, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs… for now.

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.

Oh my gosh. Why John Green?? Why wrote this freaking novel when all it did is break my heart & ruin my eyes because I cry, cry cry cry.. :’( what happened to Alaska… she died in the book & I didn’t like it, because of that. Idk why she even did it to herself! I get it now! :’(( </3

Oh. I just can't. Can't handle this. *wipes tears*

"Sometimes people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them."

"Pain demands to be felt."

"The world is not a wish-granting factory."

I really should announce this – this is the first book from John Green that like!! It's such a heartfelt coming-of-age story of two cancer-plagued teenagers. I just cried :'). It's so beautifully written.
Many inspired quotes in the book. For both of the teens, it's all so challenging for both them. Hazel Grace Lancaster who was pretty negative about how will she survive while this boy is positive enough that if you look at him, he's such a happy normal living creature as if he has no sickness worrying him physically and especially mentally. Has kind heart this boy, Augustus. It's him who helps his friends and understands them better. I think he's one of a kind :) and i like his story.

Hazel Grace – i think she just want to live a normal life and it did when Augustus came into her heart. She found that this is for her and Augustus as well felt that this love is for him. There's a connection between them. I think Augustus really wanted to have true love- to have a one & only love before he leaves the world.

Because we don't know how much time we have left in this world and I'm sure Augustus doesn't want to waste his time not knowing how to love and be a sacrifice to all he loves. And I think that's basically what I get from the book. And there are probably more… and I'm sure they are all wonderful meanings.

This book deserves to win the Goodreads 2012 in category – Young Adult Fiction. I give you props for this awesome book Mr Green!! I'll sure to reread it soon! Thanks for writing TFIOS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment