Monday, November 05, 2012

Shut Out

Most high school sports teams have rivalries with other schools. At Hamilton High, it’s a civil war: the football team versus the soccer team. And for her part, Lissa is sick of it. Her quarterback boyfriend, Randy, is always ditching her to go pick a fight with the soccer team or to prank their locker room. And on three separate occasions Randy’s car has been egged while he and Lissa were inside, making out. She is done competing with a bunch of sweaty boys for her own boyfriend’s attention.

Lissa decides to end the rivalry once and for all. She and the other players’ girlfriends go on a hookup strike. The boys won’t get any action from them until the football and soccer teams make peace. What they don’t count on is a new sort of rivalry: an impossible girls-against-boys showdown that hinges on who will cave to their libidos first. And Lissa never sees her own sexual tension with the leader of the boys, Cash Sterling, coming.

You can’t miss reading this novel!! I mean really. I find it pretty nice for especially teenagers, to go for this one!

I was curious when I don’t really know what the title truly means. And it’s amazing I learned something out of the meaning and that could probably use in sports whenever I watch it with brother or dad. I’m not really into one of those sports mentioned in the book – eg. soccer, (American) football. However, it’s a good book for my taste.

It’s a book for real teens but I can tell you the book says a lot about the main character and protagonist, Lissa. And the book is not those drama over the top, or too sugary-coated plots.
I learned from her of how to really be yourself when it comes to love. You have to be honest of how you truly feel of that person. You can’t avoid the fact that you are actually possibly in love. I guess we really can’t avoid love once it hits us. Even if we try to actually divert ourselves away from it, it’ll just keep going back to face you, where you are, this time in a different kind of way. It can be through the ‘hard way’. Eg. Someone getting hurt. Feel betrayed, etc.

You know like probably to be able to see it, love will actually find its way. Way no one else can.
Love is really powerful. I believe it. Yeah, I do. It just do amazing things even when we don’t realize it but we will eventually see it. That’s how I see the book is trying to send across the readers.

I especially love both Cash and Lissa. They are different people but when you measure the difference there’s actually just an acute difference. There’s much more similarities that connected both.

And Lissa, her mindset from other mindsets of protagonists I had read and explored so far, hers is not the type of drama-thinking-exaggerating one not like those contemporary protagonists I’ve read. Really. And I’m so proud of that! It shows Lissa is a mature young lady and that already showed when she takes care of her family and that she has responsibilities to put as the priority. I really like her in the book. She’s got leadership skills as well (which i would have to learn from her lol) And from what the girls did in the book, well, Lissa did looked out what is really important about herself and those around her inner circle—peers. Slowly, everyone will find it out for themselves how to end it all off with the rivalry. —YES, just READ the book! :P

To end this off, I would like to encourage you girls out there to read Shut Out and I assure you, you’ll not cry and feel like it’s drama, exaggerated plot with exaggerated characters—NOPE, not with this one, definitely not anymore!! Go ahead, and give it a shot!

P.S. Enjoy the 2 loooooong months of holiday, bookwormies! Read many adventurous and exciting books!!
Always smile.

Over out :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment