Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Scorch Trials

I had done reading this book only yesterday. It took me quite a looong while to finish this book. Been busy in school but I still read the book even if I snatched times during free periods in school. Mr Dashner, does not disappoint his readers in this one! A MUST READ – The Maze Runner trilogy! 

Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.

In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety . . . until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.

Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated-and with it, order-and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim . . . and meal.

The Gladers are far from finished with running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them. 

Thomas can only wonder-does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED?

It totally blew me away! This book really is incredible! I was reading the part where totally-gone Cranks lost their sanity completely and when Thomas made the move to…gosh that part made me wanted to pee in my skirt. I was in an air conditioned library, it was free periods then. Really, I hold my bladder and after the period was over, I rushed to the level 3 washroom! It scared the heck out of me! Haha! I kept laughing how I react to the book…being scared and all this shuck stuffs. I blame the Cranks!
Let’s look at my tweets @QueenieDahilan:
  • Ah this is awesome! I’m currently reading ‘The Scorch Trial’!! I miss the shanks!! Lol
  • Thomas and Teresaaaa!
  • The Scorch Trials is a freaking genius book and Thomas…oh Thomas. the deal he had with the leader Crank lol
  • pretty cool of Thomas to humor the Crank in that kind of situation. idk how will i do it the way he did hahah!
  • just finished reading The Scorch Trials!! on to the next book, The Death Cure!! I’m going insane with the betrayal stuffs
  • I don’t even think of trusting WICKED though they are in fact good, like Teresa had said and the tattoo on her. yeah, right…….

I’m now reading the final book in the trilogy, The Death Cure. It’s awesome! REALLY. AWESOME. I still don’t trust WICKED even if there’s a cure, whatever they want from Thomas and the Gladers and the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment