Friday, December 23, 2011

The Heroes Of Olympus series: The Son Of Neptune

The Heroes Of Olympus series: The Son Of Neptune. Written by Rick Riordan. I took the time reading this book. About 1 week. Thick book as well. Rick Riordan is genius!! Every page… I was like WOW and Percy can make me laugh every time he communicate to any of the characters in the book.

In The Lost Hero, three demigods named Jason, Piper, and Leo made their first visit to Camp Half-Blood, where they inherited a blood-chilling quest:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.Who are the other four mentioned in the prophesy? The answer may lie in another camp miles away, where a new camper has shown up and appears to be the son of Neptune, god of the sea. 


With an ever-expanding cast of brave-hearted heroes and formidable foes, this second book in The Heroes of Olympus series offers all of the action, pathos, and humor that Rick Riordan fans crave.
Read the first chapter!

Seriously for sure, my tweets are gonna annoy you even more! Hahah I’m very rambly on Twitter. SPOILERS ALERT!
  • I’m very happy for my reserved book with me right now too!! Son Of Neptune!! PERCY JACKSON IS BACK!
  • Percy Jackson!! Eeep! He’s all grown up and so handsome! Where’s Annabeth lol
  • I feel like an alien to see the map of Camp Jupiter. I’ll miss Camp Half-Blood for a while.
  • Omg poor Percy. He fights monsters on the way to Camp Jupiter but Jason and friends didn’t even sweat getting to Camp Half-blood! Whut.
  • Don’t compare Percy to Jason. Percy is the best, strong, brave and will always be Seaweed Brain to me.
  • Was trying to dig my head who is June. Yeah, she’s a goddess! June is Hera, am I right? Hahah! Now I remember!
  • Is Camp Jupiter larger than Camp Half-Blood or what? From what I think, Camp Jupiter is much larger
  • Idk anything about Roman lol. I have no idea what is Legion or something. Aack! Haha
  • I really can say that Camp Jupiter is richy-rich haha. Marble floor, glittered mosaic..wow.
  • Hahaha Percy is still the Percy I know from PJ series! He’s hilarious! XD
  • Oh yeah, on the cover Son of Neptune I thought Percy looked 18. I totally forgot the big prophecy comes when he’s 16. Not 18. Haha!
  • Reyna: “…we hold a ballot on the evening of June 24, at the Feast of Fortuna. That’s in 5 days.” Percy: “You have a feast for tuna?” LOOOL
  • Hahahahahhaha poor Percy must be starving and Reyna here had no idea. At all.
  • Octavian?? Is that how they call an Oracle there at Camp Jupiter? Hazel said “gift of prophecy”. So cool! Octavian.
  • Percy Jackson, you are loved! You still sound the Seaweed Brain I know! HAHAH! Thanks for making me laugh so hard! <3
  • Just done watching The Eagle. I had to watch it again because it reminds me of the book cover of “Son Of Neptune” lol
  • I’m thinking of watching Gladiators right now haha. I’m so lame I haven’t got a chance to watch that one hahah
  • Somehow the word and movie Gladiators reminds me of the Camp Jupiter… idk hahah!
  • Oh my heck! Full of surprises!! NICO!!! How the heck he got to the Roman Camp??
  • I can imagine Nico soo grown up, all handsome & brave young man with his black jeans and aviator jacket! Eeek!
  • <3 NICO!! How? How? Lol
  • Lololol I’m so confused with Roman terms of the names of the gods and goddesses! I’m familiar with most Greek gods! Hahaha
  • Yeah, Camp Jupiter is much stricter, and harsh than Camp Half-Blood.
  • “His full name was Gaius Vitellius Reticulus but the other cohorts called him Vitellius the Ridiculous.” HAHAH right down hilarious! XD
  • Rick R didn’t fail to make me laugh soooo hard!! XD
  • I don’t think Frank’s dad is Apollo at all. He maybe real good and love archery but Apollo’s not his dad. Hephaestus is. *wild guess* ;)
Omg Reyna offered Percy be a praetor next with her! YES! Percy is still the hero I love! He even apologize to Reyna. Greek Percy lol. My wild guess about who Frank’s dad, was not even close hahaha! I guess my good guessing side wasn’t working at the moment LOL I was trying to remember who Ares in the Percy J series.Thought he was in Titan’s curse. Then it just popped—no he was in Sea of Monster lol Clarisse’s father. Percy doesn’t like Ares that much. Lol. that’s why he recognize the voice. Lol I soo get it after digging my head! XD

The guy in Titan’s Curse was Apollo not Ares. *facepalm* HAHAHA Like Thalia said, Apollo is hot. And Percy was like, he’s the sun god. Thalia went saying, that’s not what I meant. HAHAHA! *ROFL*

The 2 paragraphs above are still tweets. I just put them like that so it won’t take up too much space.

Anyways, let’s start. Percy… I’m really really glad he found Camp Jupiter!! Percy is my favorite character that’s why when he wasn’t on The Lost Hero, I was kinda sad about it.

Percy was still the Percy I know from the five book series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. He even sounded the same like when he was 13 in The Lightning Thief haha! Hazel sounded more of a 16 year old when he should be the one sounding like that. However, that’s what I love about him, he makes serious situation always hilarious! He made cry laughing and my tummy hurts so much! :D

Soo good to hear about Tyson and Mrs O’Leary too! :D

The Son Of Neptune was really incredible with new characters especially now that I understood Roman camp. I went reading up on it. Even watch the movie The Eagle because it relates well. Along when I’m reading the book I sometimes got Percy’s name mixed up. Haha! Like Peter, Perry, Pousy!! I’m not Mr D (Dionysus)!

One night, i chatted with my brothers in the living room. We were challenging one another—god of …..is who. If that makes sense haha! One will ask: “Who is the god of war?” Someone should answer the question. All of a sudden everything went as a hilarious joke! It was really funny! My brother asked, “Who is the god of gifts?” I was like, “Uh…” He revealed the answer when I can’t. “Santa Claus!” I added in saying, “What’s this? A Santa Claus mythology?” Everyone just laughed and had a great time! :D

I have to admit…oh my heck! I don’t think I’ll be able to pass my Roman numerals section on a Math test. In The Son Of Neptune, Roman numerals numbering are used for every new chapter and when I lost count, I tried to read it a chapter’s Roman numeral: “X=10…L=50 so this chapter is what? 60? How could this be.” hahah!! So embarrassing! Epic fail! Stuffs like this came out for Math in the Philippines and NEVER did get it! It’s a good thing in Singapore, we don’t have such stuffs.

Percy, Hazel and Frank’s mission was like Mission Impossible only it was Demigod version and not Tom Cruise LOL

YES. YES. SPOILERY STUFFS AHEAD!
I can’t wait to read the third book in the series—The Mark Of Athena. The book title was been revealed by Rick Riordan sometime ago. I have a feeling this book will be about Annabeth’s hard tasks assigned to her but whatever it is, it doesn’t seem like a good stuff. Especially, when Ella the harpy recited this prophecy during their quest, they were currently in Vancouver: “Wisdoms daughter walks alone, the Mark of Athena burns through Rome.” how does that sound to you? Good or bad?

Juno has also warned Percy. I won’t say it. I give too many spoilers haha!

Along the quest, the trio met Iris, the rainbow goddess. When they were already continuing their journey to Anchorage, Alaska… Iris packed them supplies from her ROFL business! Hilarious!! ROFL stands for Rainbow Organic Foods and Lifestyles. I was wondering (still am), where Iris’ business going with this?? Hahaha!!

Yes. Thanatos, Lieutenant of Pluto in the Underworld has an iPad. How fantastico! *laughs out loud* !!! Are those free stuff you get from Pluto’s treasure or something? hahah! I can’t stop laughing! Frank even thought maybe there’s an app reaping souls!! HAHAHA

Percy called for help to rescue Ella the harpy left in Vancouver. Percy called for help who came to be his brother Cyclop, Tyson! Ella likes Cyclop Tyson. Tyson thinks she is pretty. Awww It was suuuuuper, what. Oh my gosh and cute! YES. THAT. :D
END OF SPOILERS.

The ending of the book was such a cliffhanger! And i feel sad for Percy. He always get the hard part to play in this great quest/Great Prophecy. I can feel that Percy is the leader of this quest or maybe both Jason and him. Percy is the most important though. So I still think he is the leader. I can sense Juno saying that to him in the last few chapters.

He doesn’t have his girlfriend by his side yet when Reyna got Jason back, Hazel and Frank, Tyson and Ella, Mrs O’Leary and Hannibal. Him?? What about him? ALONE when it comes to love couples. :( He always has something to worry about.
**********************************************************************
I turned the page for more and I’m like….you’re kidding me!

The Mark Of Athena should be release real soon!!! I can’t wait no more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment