Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Matched

Ally Condie… ah she’s a great author! I love this book! The next book in the trilogy was just out in stores a couple of weeks ago, I think. It’s called, ‘Crossed’. I haven’t started reading it yet. I can’t wait to have it in my hands! In the book..well I thought the book was similar to ‘Delirium’ (Lauren Oliver’s book – read it a few weeks back, check it out here) but to my surprise it just wasn’t. It’s really different. 

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander’s face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham’s face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it’s a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she’s destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can’t stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society’s infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

That isn’t enough, is it? Yep. You’ve really gotta read it yourself to find out what happen.
Similarity between Matched and Delirium:
  • Government has the choice who you love to have a perfect normal life. Once the choice was made, you have to live your life as it is from that day till the end.
Difference between Matched and Delirium:
  • In Delirium, you can’t say anything about LOVE. It’s forbidden while in Matched, once you’re matched with someone you are to not love anyone else but only the person you matched with – if not, you are going to be an Infraction.
Ah that’s just a taste of these two books. Haha! I actually don’t want to spoil any of you who haven’t read it so I’ll stop from here and tell more a bit of Matched. Maybe not…haha Quite hard to voice out my thoughts.
The Society (found on Tumblr)
Team Xander or Team Ky? TEAM KY. PERIOD. ;)
I’m guessing Cassia will start the rebellion. Or Xander. Or EVERYONE in the Society. BWUAHAHAHA! I can’t wait to read Crossed! AND GUESS WHAT?? I think there’s a movie coming up next year!!! AAAAHHHH!! Matched movie!! I WANT TO AUDITION FOR THIS HAHAHA. Read about the upcoming Matched movie here

Quotes in the book that I like: “Is falling in love with someone’s story the same thing as falling in love with the person himself?”
“It is strange how we hold on to the pieces of the past while we wait for our futures.”
Do not go gentle.

There are more quotes I like, actually but….i gotta leave it like that.

I’m in love with Ky in the book.

He’s such a great character and both him and Cassia exchanges poem, i found that really sweet. Though it hurts to see Xander not knowing what’s going on between them at first but Cassia feel real whenever she’s around Ky. It touched me too with the stories Ky draws and writes for Cassia. How he has been alone for who knows how long and now that he has Cassia, to have faith in and believes, I know they will keep each other safe wherever they are. Ky’s story when he was young hurts..really stab you in the heart. I love this character so much. His bravery stand out to me the most – not giving up so easily. He keeps fighting. I like that about him. Standing alone is hard, especially in the world he’s in. That’s why I really like Aida and Patrick Markham for welcoming him like a son to them when they adopted Ky. They love Ky like their real son. *SNIFFS*
GOTTA. STOP. RAMBLING. Ciao for now and happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment