Sunday, November 27, 2011

Deadly Cool



What can I say? I LOVE LOVE the story of this book! Thumbs up to Gemma Halliday for a great mystery story with main characters Hartley Featherstone, Sam, Chase who I find really awesome investigating the crime (i’ll get more to this later). I really really want to know what happens next! Social Suicide comes out next year – I GOTTA HAVE TO READ IT! Same to you out there! Get this book and get the solving the mystery! 

First I find out that my boyfriend is cheating on me. Then he’s pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And now he’s depending on me to clear his name. Seriously?

As much as I wouldn’t mind watching him squirm, I know that he’s innocent. So I’m brushing off my previously untapped detective skills and getting down to business. But I keep tripping over dead bodies, and I’m still no closer to figuring out who did it. And what’s worse: all signs seem to point to me as the killer’s next victim.I really need to pick a better boyfriend next time.

Interested, yet? I’m sure you are excited to find out what comes next, eh? Gotta read it! Such a cool book! What I love about the book is that, it has…ok, well, Hartley was just a normal teen who wants a normal life in this stage of her life but when a dead body was found in her boyfriend’s closet…all she wanted was just to find out and talk everything out with Josh DuPont. Hartley believes Josh didn’t kill their schoolmate and she wanted to know in order to help her ex-boyfriend, the police are after. Hartley started investigating from there with her best friend, Sam. Chase was kind enough to lend a helping hand investigating with both of the girls.

I like the way this book was kind of like Nancy Drew but with a partner in crime solving who is Chase. At first, I REALLY DID ACCUSE CHASE KILLING THEIR SCHOOLMATE. I guess it made me think that way because of his black and black and black outfit. LOL. Anyway, I won’t spill the beans. But I LOVE CHASE ERIKSON than JOSH DuPont! LOL. I like Josh first though. He is a jerk but not Chase. :P
CSI-like get me going. Haha! CSI and Law & Order. I love the TV show, Law & Order.

P.S. An easy read, really!! These kinds of books, I really get thrilled. Hilarious too! I like the twist in it too!

Go read it bookwormies! Enjoy! :)

Quotes I like in this book: “Caw! Caw, Hartley, caw!”
Chase narrowed his eyes again.
“Sam?”
I nodded. Then crossed to the window again and called down to Sam. “You can quit squawking. He caught me.”

“That craptastical, gutless, son-of-a-cactus-humping butt monkey!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment